Monday, September 9, 2013

My Family



  I love my family and I'm probably going to become very emotional and cry while writing this, since I'm making plans to be moving soon. I'll let you know if the tears come. :) (Ps: they will.)
  My parents are some of the most incredible people on this earth. They've put up with an insane amount of just plain old mean people who wanted to watch our family fall apart. They fought back, though, and their marriage and our family is stronger than ever. Take that, world! They both have an intense love for their kids, their grandkids, their ministries - both work and church related, and obviously for each other. They give selflessly and taught us all a whole lot about loving Jesus and others, and giving (which some of us had an easier time learning than others. I'm talking about my sister, Amy. She's pretty much perfect.), working hard, and having good attitudes no matter what (some of us had a harder time learning that than others. I'm talking about myself. I'm pretty much the exact opposite of Amy.) No, they're not perfect. They're humans with human problems, even though they usually seem superhuman! 


  My siblings and siblings-in-law are awesome. You WISH they were yours! They're hilarious, incredibly kind, love to quote movies with me, are great at being in pictures, let me hit 2 baseballs for every 100 I fetched, make really weird flavored cookies, spill cinnamon like pros, and my sisters are all almost suspiciously good at volleyball. I am not. I don't know who to blame for that, but it seems strange to me. (Funny story about the movie quotes: I guess we used to sing a LOT, especially at the dinner table, so my parents banned us from doing so. We didn't know what else to do, so instead of talking to each other like normal people, we quoted movie lines at each other. That was our conversation. That was put to an end about a week after it started. I'm not really sure how we communicated with each other after that...) But above all that, they have hearts that are just radiant for Christ. It's a beautiful thing. :)








  And also...I have the cutest niece and nephew in the world. In. The. World.  Don't believe me? Here's the proof!


 


(I don't like to say I told you so...but come on. I totally told you so.)

  So to sum it up: I'm blessed beyond belief to have the family that I have and I'm crazy thankful for each and every one of them! (And also, I surprisingly didn't cry!)


No comments:

Post a Comment