Sunday, August 25, 2013

Running

  My goal has been to post on Mondays, but with the computer/internet problems I've been having, I'll just have to adapt and post whenever I can!
  I want to share a secret with you: I HATE RUNNING. Don't get me wrong, I go running at least 3 times a week...but I hate it so much. I guess I should clarify. I love the idea of running. I love the success I feel when I finish an especially hard or long run. I love when I run a mile more than normal. I love how many races I've done. I love that I think so much about buying new running shoes. I love all the apps, magazines, and running gear I have. But I so very much hate the process.
  Another thing is, I can't seem to avoid injuries. One time, I hadn't even left my parking lot and I had to pick a wedgie...I wasn't looking at the ground, I stepped in a pothole, one leg got stuck behind the other, and down I went. Fully wiped out. Scraped my knee, hand, elbow, and hip. Still finished my run. I know, I'm crazy.

   Then, 2 weeks later, I hadn't even gone 2 blocks, and my ankle just gave out. I stepped on it, it made an awful crunch sound, and I hobbled back home, very angry at the world. You'd think I'd be glad for an excuse to not go running, right? I don't even understand myself anymore.
   I always have to psych myself up and hope I don't talk myself out of it...which is crazy, because this is the ONLY thing I've stuck with consistently over the years! I've been a runner for 2 years now and it's done wonders for my knee problems, my panic attacks, my breathing problems...you guys, I was a mess before I started this weird hobby!
  But yes, here I am 2 years later. A runner. Stronger, happier, healthier...and I know it's something I'll never stop doing. Because I'm psychotic.

  Also, I wanted to brag about one of my awesome running apps: Charity Miles. It's free and definitely a good cause. Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment